POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Creating a safe and secure environment for all of our guests and employees is a high priority at Sears Centre Arena. It is our responsibility to make sure the people who spend time at this facility are safe and secure. We will take the necessary measures to provide an environment where our guests can have a good time without concern.
Sears Centre Arena security personnel reserve the right to determine the method of security checks as deemed necessary including the use of metal detectors, the search of jackets, clothing and other items.
WHAT YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CARRY INTO SEARS CENTRE ARENA
- In accordance with the Illinois’ “concealed carry” law and the right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms and other weapons of any kind (including knives, sticks, poles, etc) are strictly forbidden on the premises of Sears Centre Arena.
- No weapons including firearms, knives, bats, tasers, or anything the Sears Centre Arena staff deems potentially dangerous
- No video recorders, audio recorders, or other similar electronic devices
- No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person.
- Banners and signs may not be hung anywhere inside the venue unless authorized by the Sears Centre Arena. Unauthorized signs or banners must be returned to your vehicle.
- Determination of appropriate messaging is at sole discretion of Sears Centre Arena
- No fireworks
- No laser pointers, laser products of any type or whistles
- No backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind (including gifts for performers)
- No animals except service animals
- No bottles, cans, or coolers
- No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, baby food and reasonable children’s snacks (crackers, raisins, juice boxes, etc.)
- The use of any outside noisemaker is prohibited in the arena
- Any professional camera device with a lens larger than 6 inches
- No bikes, skateboards, hoverboards, or any other wheeled device unless medically necessary
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by the Sears Centre Arena. The Sears Centre Arena will not store any of the aforementioned items.
WHAT YOU ARE PERMITTED TO CARRY INTO SEARS CENTRE ARENA
- Purses and diaper bags are permitted and will be inspected by security
- Binoculars and cell phones are permitted and subject to security inspection
- Guests are permitted to bring banners, signs, and flags to games and special events, however, they may not obstruct the view of any other guests. Under no circumstances are banners, signs, or flags permitted to be affixed to a stick or pole. This policy is subject to change based on requests from the attraction or promoter. For specific event questions, call the Sears Centre Arena at 847-649-2270.
- A valid I.D (State I.D., Driver’s License and Military I.D) is required for purchase of Alcohol if you appear to be 30 years of age or younger. The service limit for events is 2 alcoholic beverages per transaction. Alcohol service cut-off is made at the beginning of the 4th quarter for Windy City Bulls games.
- There is one First-Aid station at the Sears Centre Arena staffed with Village of Hoffman Estates EMS for select events. The First-Aid station is located on the Main Concourse near Section 112. If you are in need of medical attention, please notify a Sears Centre Arena Guest Services Representative. The Sears Centre Arena staff is trained to call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
- Sears Centre Arena has a no re-entry policy. Once you leave the building during an event, you will not be permitted to return.
- Trained guide dogs or service animals assisting guests are welcome inside Sears Centre Arena. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
- Sears Centre Arena is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building. Designated smoking areas are located outside the venue. Smoking is also defined to include any and all electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes.
- Sears Centre Arena does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of flyers or other promotional/advertising materials on the premises.
- A valid ticket for the event is required for admittance to Sears Centre Arena unless otherwise indicated.
Lost and Found
- Please report a lost item to our Guest Services desk located on the Main Concourse near section 112.
Zero Tolerance for Drug Use or Possesion
- The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue. Do not bring any illegal substances to the event as violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you are found intoxicated at the door, security will not allow you to enter the venue. Event staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone.
- The arena reserves the right to search all bags, pockets, coats, sweaters, etc and conduct pat downs by law enforcement officials (if deemed necessary).
- Every attendee is subject to search prior to entry into the arena. This includes members of the media. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be subject to a thorough TSA-style search, including emptying your pockets and bags, a full pat down, having all of your items examined, and possibly removing your shoes. Police officers will be working inside and outside of the arena. All narcotics laws will be strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
- Selling tickets on Sears Centre Arena property is strictly prohibited and violators will be prosecuted.
Drones/Unmanned Aircraft Systems and/or Vehicles
- For the safety and privacy of our guests, spectators, tenants, promoters, and property, the use and operation of Drones/UAS/UAV are prohibited in and over our airspace, in our parking lots, roadways, properties owned, leased, occupied, or managed by the Sears Centre Arena.
- Balloons of any kind are not allowed inside the Sears Centre Arena. Guests with balloons should return them to their car or dispose of them before entering the facility.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Sears Centre Arena rarely cancels or postpones events due to inclement weather. Please be advised that tickets for all events are sold on a non-refundable and non-exchangeable basis. This stipulation is clearly marked on each ticket. Should a decision be made to cancel or postpone an event this information will be posted as soon as it is determined.